Trump demonstrates his Mars-Conjunct-Ascendant every day. During his campaign to win the U.S. Presidency he has often offered unusual views on the subject of nuclear weapons. Korea and Japan should have them, others should have them. Proliferation seems acceptable to him. Recently, Putin had a long press conference and noted that Russia needed to modernize its inventory of atomic weapons. The U.S. and Russia have an approximate parity, each having a hundred times the number needed in any massive war of destruction. Trump immediately responded. We will look at the charts for this incident.
This Dec. 13th chart is a t/Moon-to-n/Sun Return in the 4th house. This placement has a theme of “Leading the way, living ahead of the curve. Public spokesperson or being an icon fro a program. Benefiting from assistance . . . being in a dangerous or target position. Pursuing ones goals and career.” (This is taken, in part, from my book). Let us see what in the chart supports or illuminates this theme for the next two weeks.
- Because of Trump having a natal full Moon pattern, and because of this time of the year when t/Sun is in Sagittarius, Trump also has a t/Sun-n/Moon pattern opposite his t/Moon-n/Sun pattern. All of his basic, and seemingly automatic instincts are unleashed. We will have to watch out for future December periods in his Presidency.
- t/Mars-t/PoF-Desc. opp. n/Mars-n/Asc-t/Asc; isn’t this dynamic. Mars, the Asc. and the Part of Fortune all inter-linked. Punch, counter-punch, taking chances, all of these are dominating this chart.
- A re-alignment of natal angles to transiting/advance chart angles will occur in the next several days. We know that these chart angles advance a degree or so each day. In some six or so days, these angles will gain and demonstrate great power to shape Trump’s life.
This is the basic message of this two-week cyclic chart. Let us now look ahead to Dec. 22nd when this “tit-for-tat” exchange between Putin and Trump took place.
Donald Trump, in response to Putin’s remarks over preparing for the use of atomic weapons, has stated that the U.S. must increase its stockpile of nuclear weapons! Remember HRC’s comments about not letting him have his finger on the big button? Just because Putin has his generals reviewing the presence of NATO on its boarders, wants to improve their nuclear posture and rebalance the two sides (both have an almost equal number around 7000 weapons), Trump has to immediately go into “high response” mode. The following Advanced chart is for Dec. 22nd, 2016, and is shown below.
- The first thing we notice is a BIGGIE! The chart’s angles are realigned with the natal angles. This is like a ‘re-birth.’ It is a time when decisions and actions can result in a major change in one’s life. Deciding before you take the office of President that you need to increase the number of nuclear weapons when we have 100 times more than any war could possibly use is sheer insanity.
- The next notable factor is t/Mars on the Descendant: fighting against another. Now, note that t/Mars also conjoins t/Pallas! This relates to ‘picking a fight’, going against a consensus, having a chip on one’s shoulder, not caring about pleasing others. Up until now, Trump has promoted a ‘friends with Russia’ theme. It doesn’t take much to change his mind!
- We have a third major pattern in this chart. t/Part of Fortune triggers n/Sun-n/Node-n/Uranus-opposite-n/Moon and t/Saturn. Remember the t/PoF travels some 13 degrees per day so it easily triggers this grouping. This is Trump’s ‘trigger’ point. Since Sun-Node-Mars opposes Moon, and t/Saturn is also there, he is being especially mean and harsh reacting these days.
Now we get to play astrological hopscotch and jump between natal and transiting versions of the planets we have just looked at.
- n/PoF is triggered by the afore mentioned t/Pallas (and t/Mars) and adds to the fire in Trump’s heart.
- n/PoF also opposes n/Mars. This natal pattern adds to Trump’s quick-to-punch-back nature.
- t/Moon is leaving t/Jupiter but has also (earlier today) triggered t/Uranus and t/Ceres. Ceres is the motherland and protective issues, so Moon makes the world jumpy at this moment. That is plenty to think about.
The nature of Donald Trump, and his near-term assumption of the office of the President, will likely provide many interesting charting opportunities. But, Trump doesn’t make up all of the news. I hope to offer charts on other interesting people and events and not to follow Trump closely unless he does something really wild. By now we have seen enough of him on TV and in the charts covered here to know what he is like.
I would like to explore offering tools to help others better appreciate the ease of using these charts and their effectiveness in describing daily life. If we can view what has ,a nd what will affect us, then we can more easily take steps to re-balance the daily disruptions that we experience. Happy New Year. Dave