For comedians, Comedy Central is Mecca, the place to be. Reaching this stage is an affirmation that you have achieved success among your peers. This was a bit harder for a ventriloquist. His comedy was linked to the puppets. Each puppet had to be ‘believable’ within its character and context within the act. Dunham’s presentation had to be edgy, sharp, current in its subject and dialog. We will look at the Return and Advanced charts for Jeff Dunham’s appearance at Comedy Central and the introduction of Peanut, Jose, Walter and an early version of Melvin the Superhero Guy.
For an event of this type, for a comic considered to be on the fringe (being a ventriloquist), the charts should reflect the importance of this invitation. Below is Dunham’s July 7, 2003 t/Moon-opp-n/Sun Return with the MC emphasized.
Prior to Dunham’s appearance at Comedy Central, he had a t/Moon-opposite-n/Sun Return on July 7th. Let’s break this chart down into its component patters.
1) t/Moon is on the MC, n/Sun is on the IC along with n/Mercury. The generic statement for this t/Moon-opp-n/Sun placement is, “The receipt of . . . news from afar, introductions into wider social (and business) circles . . . (impacts) the balance of short and long-term plans . . .” This is definitely a chart marking a big step in his career.
2) The t/Moon’s placement on the MC tells us that he will make a public appearance of great importance in the following two-week period. n/Sun at the IC angle points to a ‘new start’ event which involves his commentary with the puppets.
We can explore related patterns in this chart.
3) t/Sun is on the Desc. along with n/Asc.; he will be a big success in presenting himself.
4) We can also take note of n/MC in the 3rd house; his career will be aided by talking and communicating well.
5) By relocating this chart to California, the n/Mars is positioned at the natal MC. This is powerful placement for Mars.
6) t/PoF will pass over the emphasized IC angle within the day.
If advising a client about this chart we would say, “You will be having a major launch of your career in the next few days. You will be successful.”
On July 18th, Jeff Dunham took the stage with his crew; Jose, Walter, Peanut and an early version of Melvin, the Superhero Guy. Let us look at his Advanced chart for that date.
1) The MC angle has diurnally advanced to the n/Neptune position; drama and presentation of an illusion is indicated. If we play astrological hopscotch, we can jump over to t/Neptune which is in the first house and conjoins n/Saturn. The illusion (Neptune) of reality (Saturn) is part of his experience on this date, in this period.
2) t/Sun and t/Venus are at the Desc. angle; Dunham will be popular and well thought of. Again, playing hopscotch, we can jump for t/Sun to n/Sun. n/Sun-n/Mercury is in the 3rd house showing the need to speak out, make an impact.
3) t/Moon transits his n/Mars in the 2nd house, his hard work will earn him recognition. Again, t/Moon represents all things that are changing. n/Mars (relocated to California) is made strong by its location near the natal MC.
4) t/PoF lies opposite this t/Moon-n/Mars pattern, adding excitement to the night.
Well, the act was a success. However, Comedy Central didn’t think his act was a good fit for the club’s overall program. They did not sign him up for a repeat performance. Yet, he got his good exposure, and he would be back.