Everyone, it seems, knows their Sun Sign and a bit about what that means. Unfortunately, ‘Sun-sign astrology’ is not very informative and is not overly accurate in most cases. We have to consider that we have 12 signs, 12 houses, 10 planets and six or more basic ‘aspects’ or relationships between the planets. Simple math tells us that 12 x 12 x 10 = 1440, plus multiply by six and you get 8,640 basic combinations to consider. With multiple planets, eclipses, and other things, the astrologer’s mind often recognizes, blends and reduces many, many thousands of random sets of data in order to make a statement.
In this page we will consider a simple statement of Astrological Sign meanings.
- Aries is an active (cardinal) fire sign, energetic and active, lending these qualities to any planet located there.
- Taurus is a (fixed) earth sign, symbolizing practicality, steadfastness, patience.
- Gemini is a (mutable) air sign, signifying randomness, seeking and sharing ideas and information, mentally busy.
- Cancer is a (cardinal) water sign, defining emotions, empathy, nurturing and supportive qualities.
- Leo is a (fixed) fire sign, conveying pride, a sense of leadership, outward influences.
- Virgo is a mutable sign associated with the earth and practicality, details, service and care in whatever they do.
- Libra is a cardinal air sign, linked to harmony, socialness, enjoying a balanced life.
- Scorpio is a fixed water sign, concerned with understanding deep emotions, seeking insight into life’s secrets.
- Sagittarius is a mutable fire sign, enthusiastic about all that lies about them and beyond their vision and experience.
- Capricorn is a cardinal Earth sign, practical and productive in nature, being cautious and controlling.
- Aquarius is a fixed air sign, exhibiting a taste for the unusual, concerned for ideals and the needs of those not close to them. Altruistic.
- Pisces is a mutable water sign, deeply idealistic, romantic, dramatic, and often unrealistic due to their focus on societies and individual needs.
Planets are personality and character and action figures in our life. Houses are areas of everyday expression. Signs are qualities that can influence how we do things. On a five to one scale, five being the highest, Planets are a five, Houses are three, Signs are a one at best. Once one learns more about astrology, signs will take on other attributes and can become more important in some astrological methods of charting and interpretation.
- Mars in Capricorn will be controlled and practical in whatever activity is engaged in.
- Venus in Aries will promote herself aggressively, seeking to display the best qualities and, in the case of a woman, and ones beauty.
- Moon in Libra will seek peace, quiet and balance, and will reject friends and family who do not fit that mold.
- Jupiter in Leo may prove insufferable in expectations to enjoy opportunity and privilege. Adoraction may be required in their presence.
- Sun in Virgo will steer their own course in life, seeking rewards only within their own field of endeavor, knowing they are an eagle in the chicken coop.